Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Things I Could Never Tell You . . .

Rack my brain every day
And each day I long to tell you
How I really feel.

I wish you knew how stupid you were
To believe we would make it.
How every time you said I love you
It meant nothing.
How on earth can you be so vapid and shallow?
You give back to the people you don't know
Yet you don't know how to love your own family
You shower us with gifts
And then disagree with everything we say
How can you not see it?
The pain I love with every second
You sit and wonder why I don't engage
When people who have known me for two days
Can read everything about me in an instant
I'm an open book to the whole world and yet you still see gibberish

But it doesn't matter anymore
You sit at your high throne
Thinking everything is okay
Because when everything is said and done
I'll be the one on top
Because I see things you don't
I know how to love and how to show it
I've learned from the best
And i've learned the hard way
Something you never had to experience.
You lived this sheltered childhood
And I feel sorry for you
Because you grew up cold
Like a winter wind you can't escape from
You show yourself to the world
And feel ashamed
When I stand here strong and confident.

I know who I am
And I know that I am better than you
And when the time comes
I hope you finally see the monster
You have created for yourself
You are weak and fragile
And will never know what it is to be
Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment