Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Decision . . .

Pins are being spiked into my skin,
One by one into each open gash,
I have made on myself.

How can a good thing come out of such excruciating pain?

The gashes bleed out dripping, seeping, draining,
The pigment from my already translucent skin,
Staining the pavement for all to see.

Will I gain anything from giving this gift that slowly kills me?

As the color drains from my world,
The greyscale of the storm sets in,
And I tremble in my captivating corpse.

What do I do to keep myself distracted from the constant reminders of you?

I brace myself for the tsunami of emotion
Throw up my invisible shield an bolt in the other direction,
Hiding from the nightmare I can't escape.

1 comment:

  1. Omg Dev that is really good. You are so great at writing poetry. I wish my poetry was like yours

    ReplyDelete